- Funding of HIV drug therapy in the developing world
- Economic Sanctions versus free trade
- The international "Brain Drain"
- Human Rights violations in Myanmar
- The international Criminal Court: Sovereignty vs Human Rights
- The Global Financial Crisis and its impact on the achievement of the millennium Development Goals.
- Global responsibility towards failed states
- Climate change - the new threat or international peace and security
- Child Labour
- Child soldiers in armed conflict
- Effectiveness of sanctions
- The ethical questions surrounding the testing of HIV and AIDS drugs in the developing world when the drugs will mainly benefit the developed world;
- HIV and AIDS as a national security threat